Tuesday, December 4, 2012

The Blu-ray Experience: Batman Begins


I can still remember seeing this movie in the AMC in the Foothills Mall in Tucson with my dad in the summer of 2005.  It was a great experience.  My dad said it was the best movie he'd ever seen.  It really redefined the comic book movie genre.  So, when I saw it on sale for $3.99 at Wal-Mart's Black Friday event, I just had to get it.  Does the Blu-ray Experience live up to the actual movie?  That's what I'm here to answer.

SYNOPSIS
Bruce Wayne, heir to his family's fortune, saw his parents murdered right before his eyes.  In an attempt to avenge his parents' death, he becomes a vigilante that preys on the fear of criminals in order to clean up one of the most corrupt cities in history.

REVIEW
The movie itself in HD doesn't add a lot.  The only thing I noticed was that the music was better, and the music is one of the best things about this movie.

Most of the special features are the same as the DVD two-disc Edition: featurettes that document the making of the movie.  These featurettes are wonderful to watch, but they are not in HD so it is the same experience as watching them on DVD.  However, there is a great Blu-ray exclusive 'in-movie-experience' feature that intermittently shows the filmmakers (director, producers, actors, costume designers, etc.) talking about particular places in the movie.  It was AWESOME to watch it with this feature turned on!  It really added to the movie, and I think this type of experience is what owning a movie on Blu-ray is about.

THE VERDICT
I give it a thumbs up at the right price.  It really is a great movie and the features are great IF you don't already own the two-disc DVD set. It's currently $8.99 at Amazon.  And again, I've provided the link below.


          Batman Begins [Blu-ray]

No comments:

Post a Comment