Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Review: Hitchcock

Hitchcock Movie PosterMost  people in the world are NOT going to end up seeing this movie, which is probably a good thing.  Don't get me wrong, it was an enjoyable film, but unless you're a Hitchcock historian, I don't think you will get anything out of it except confusion.

REVIEW
The acting is pretty good, although Anthony Hopkins' character acting as Hitch is anything BUT charming.  Helen Miran is great as always.  Scarlet Johanson is good, yet she always seems to play the same character (except for The Island, which everyone should watch). 
Where this movie really shines is showing the true character of Hitchcock.  The man was obsessed with murder and killers.  I personally find his movies difficult to watch because of the dark psychology that he portrays in them.  This film is more or less a (theoretical) look into his soul.  You have to watch the movie to get what I mean, mostly because I don't want to give it away.


CONCLUSION
This movie is great for my Hitchcock friends, but I really don't think anyone besides them need to watch it.  3/5 Stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment